As permanent teeth are erupting and settling into place, Dr. Cardall can identify emerging conditions that will become problematic in the near future. During the orthodontic examination, he is able to detect bite issues (such as underbites, overbites, open bites or cross bites) that will inevitably progress as permanent teeth stabilize. Bite conditions are often a result of genetics, but can also be a result of common habits such as thumb-sucking. We offer orthodontic treatment to correct the jaw alignment and structure which the child has inherited, as well as reverse damage caused by thumb-sucking or other habits.
With early detection, we can also detect:
- Airway conditions that can cause dangerous disorders, such as obstructive sleep apnea
- Speech disorders that could require therapy if left untreated
- Insufficient room in the mouth that will lead to crowded teeth
- Poor eruption pathways leading to future tooth impaction
- Extra or missing teeth that are often missed by traditional x-rays with the child’s dentist
Cardall Quality Equals
At Cardall Orthodontics, we understand the gentle care that your child’s teeth require. We won’t suggest a treatment if it isn’t necessary. We believe in catching the conditions early before they become problematic or painful to ensure healthy teeth and optimal dental health.